[easy_countdowner name=”demo_countdowner” theme=”default” animation=”smooth” end_date=”2018-4-28″ end_time=”00:00:00″ day_label=”Days” hour_label=”Hours” minute_label=”Minutes” second_label=”Seconds” day_color=”#60686F” hour_color=”#60686F” minute_color=”#60686F” second_color=”#60686F” circle_bg_color=”#E2E2E2″]Have you launched an education initiative that is using or designing new technologies? Are you ready to scale and go to the next level in terms of growth and development of your initiative?
Every year, at the WISE Accelerator, we select a cohort of for profit and non-profit initiatives developing solutions in education technology with high potential for positive impact and scalability.
We help each selected initiative with customized support to tackle challenges that hinder their growth and scalability. We also connect each initiative with mentors who are experts and leaders in education, education technology and entrepreneurship. Finally, we leverage the WISE community of over 50,000 education stakeholders as well as WISE international events in order to provide the selected initiatives with networking opportunities aimed at identifying potential partners, donors and investors.
Initiatives addressing education challenges through the use and/or design of technology all over the world are welcome to apply.
Projects invited to apply
All education initiatives that use or link technology to their DNA are encouraged to apply!
Ideal candidates for the WISE Accelerator will be existing initiatives at an early stage of development, with the following attributes:
- Established for at least one year;
- A growing number of beneficiaries or customers;
- A record of activities with a product or service that has been implemented and beyond proof of concept;
- Existing stable revenues;
- A dedicated team, with an established physical space or office;
- Deep knowledge of the market/educational context and of their beneficiaries’ or customers’ needs;
- Motivation to develop further;
- Understanding of the project’s current challenges
For-profit and non-profit initiatives from all regions of the world are invited to apply to the WISE Accelerator.
A Committee composed of leading experts in education and social entrepreneurship will support the WISE Accelerator team in the selection process.
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Solution and innovation
- Strategy and management
- Development beyond proof of concept and potential for growth
- Knowledge of the market/space where they operate
Representatives of short listed initiatives will be contacted for a call with the WISE Accelerator team.
|Submission period||February 14, 2018 – April 24, 2018|
|Calls with shortlisted projects||June, 2018|
|Announcement of the selected projects||July, 2018|
More information will be provided soon.
Structure of the program
The year-long program aims to take the selected initiatives to the next stage in their development.
Key milestones in the 2018-2019 process are:
- Kick-off week of activities
- Needs assessment
- Tailor-made support by the WISE Accelerator team and partner organizations
- Peer Mentorship by experts and leaders in education and education technology
- Opportunity to participate in international events organized by WISE
- Ongoing communication and international visibility
- One on one meetings with potential partners, investors and donors
|Download Program Guidance Note||Apply now|
Applications for the program must be submitted in English through the online system.
Please read the Guidance Note carefully before submitting your application.
The application deadline is on April 24, 2018 at 4:00pm GMT.