Deadline: 8 May 2018
Applications are now open for the Access Co-Development Facility (ACF) 2018 which is a financial and technical support programme designed to provide local project developers and originators in Africa with the technical expertise and funding required to bring their renewable energy projects to life.
This year, the platform has been expanded to cater for markets across CIS and Asia.
The ACF is at the forefront of an exciting new concept as the first private sector driven crowdsourcing origination platform for power projects in Africa, and Asia. Access Power works closely with international partners that participate in the selection process in the past years those partners included: African Development Bank, FMO, IFC, Proparco, OPIC, USAID’s Power Africa and InfraCo Africa.
Maintaining the momentum from previous years’ success, 7 million US dollars have been set aside to be deployed for the 2018 edition to co-develop up to 3 power projects.
- The selected project developers/originators will benefit from:
- The necessary technical, legal and financial expertise required to bring a project to financial close
- Funding of all third party development costs related to the project (such as feasibility studies, grid studies, environmental and social impact assessments, due diligence fees, statutory payments, etc)
- A clear route to exit the project (if desired) at financial close
- Projects owners applying for the Access Co-Development Facility should meet the following minimum requirements.
- Projects must be:
- Located in Africa, a CIS country or Asia
- Utilizing a commercially-proven power generation technology
- Based on renewable energy (including hydro) or hybrid power generation technologies
How to Apply
Application Forms along with any supporting attachments shall be submitted in electronic format via e-mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Access Co-Development Facility 2018.