Deadline: 23 April 2018
The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) is seeking proposals for its program “Accelerating Climate Action: Social Equity and Empowerment of Women and Girls.”
The Accelerating Climate Action call will focus on the following three themes, collectively addressing current knowledge gaps in socially-transformative climate research:
- Climate and disaster resilience: Research projects focusing on socially-equitable development planning that enhances the ability of people — regardless of gender, ethnicity, socio-economic status, age, or physical ability — to mitigate and adapt to climate-related hazards;
- Energy security: Research projects that explore socially equitable access to innovative, clean, and renewable energy services and to energy-based technologies; and
- Migration: Research projects that produce knowledge to contribute to using migration as a proactive adaptation strategy that contributes to equitable access to economic, health, educational, and employment services.
Priority will be given to research projects that:
- engage decision-makers from the beginning and involve a wide range of stakeholders throughout the design and implementation of the project (including public authorities, communities, civil society, and the private sector), with particular attention paid to stakeholders who are usually marginalized in such processes;
- offer practical and applicable solutions at well-defined, appropriate scales;
- identify options to bring tested solutions to scale through private and public financing and appropriate policies that lead to social equity.
The budget of this call is CA $4 million.
- The proposed research must take place in one or more countries included in the list of eligible countries . Cross-regional collaboration and comparative studies that generate local, regional, and international good practices will be encouraged.
- The proposed research must be led by a research-oriented organization from academia or the private or public sectors, and be based in a country in the list of eligible countries.
- Research organizations from countries not on the list of eligible countries, United Nations agencies, and CGIAR research centres are not eligible as lead organizations for the proposed research, but they can be included as partners provided that their budget share does not exceed 20%.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.