Deadline: 31 July 2018
Nominations are open for “The Dieter Baacke Prize” with an aim to recognize and publicize outstanding media educational projects and methods that teach children, young people and families a creative, critical approach to media and promote their media literacy.
The Dieter Baacke Prize is awarded in six categories, each endowed with € 2,000:
- Projects by and with children (0 to 13 years old)
- Projects by and with young people (14 to 18 years old)
- Intercultural / international projects
- (eg cross-border media projects or projects promoting intercultural exchange or considering the situation of children, adolescents, migrant families or promoting their political participation)
- Intergenerational / integrative projects
- (eg media education cooperation, exchange between generations, family-oriented media work, media education projects in the context of inclusion or integration of children and adolescents with disabilities)
- Projects with a special network character
- (eg exemplary, innovative media-pedagogical cooperation of various institutions, institutions or media-educationally committed individuals)
- Special Price 2,018
- (annually changing theme. The theme for 2018: “Children’s rights in the digital world”
- The competition is aimed at projects outside the school (eg youth centers, kindergartens, providers of youth welfare or family education, media centers and media initiatives) and cooperation projects between school and extracurricular institutions. The award recognizes outstanding extracurricular projects and cooperation projects between extracurricular institutions and schools, which were realized in the previous year or in the current year.
- Applicable institutions, initiatives or individuals from Germany with innovative, original or courageous projects to promote media literacy.
- This can be, for example, a creative project for the use of mobile media in youth work, a children’s audiobook workshop, a video workshop in the context of inclusive or inclusive education, a media literacy rally for families, a project for creative or critical engagement with computer games, social media or broadcast formats or a multimedia photo project in kindergarten.
- Especially worthy of mention are media projects:
- who deal creatively with media culture or even make a special aesthetic-creative contribution (cultural / aesthetic film / video / audiovisual / Internet projects),
- dealing with the promotion of criticism and analysis of media,
- which deal with the promotion of media literacy or participation in terms of equal opportunities for children and adolescents, girls and boys or families.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Dieter Baacke Prize.