Deadline: March 31 2019 at 11:59 PM PDT (Midnight)
In our mission to support life-changing work for children, we seek out only the most effective changemakers for children worldwide. To help us maintain this gold standard, all Nominees must meet these minimum requirements.
- Nominees must have an existing nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization in good standing. The organization must be able to receive grant funds if awarded.
- The organization led by the Nominee in the categories of Education, Health, Humanitarian or Protection Awards must have been registered as a nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization for a minimum of 10 years.
- The Nominee must be the founder, co-founder, or visionary leader responsible for the organization’s success and growth. Volunteers and paid staff who have not played a role in the organization founding or vision are not qualified for an Award.
- The Nominee’s organization must be entirely focused on helping children, especially vulnerable children. Organizations serving a substantial number of adults, while wonderful in their own right, do not align with this mission and may be disqualified.
- Youth Nominees can only be nominated for the Youth Award. They must be 21 years old or younger when submissions close on March 31, 2019 to be eligible. To submit an application for our Youth Award, please click here.
- Nominees must do this work over and above their normal employment. Alternatively, the Nominee must work for little or no pay.
- World of Children excludes any work designed to specifically advance any one religion or political position. The Board of Governors of World of Children reserves the right to exclude Nominations it deems to be religious or political in nature.
- The Nominee must have full knowledge that they are being nominated. We strongly recommend that the person you are nominating and the related organization assist you in completing the nomination form.
- Nominee must be available to attend the annual Awards Ceremony in New York City on Thursday, November 7, 2019. Travel and accommodations will be arranged and paid for by World of Children.
- Nominees may select no more than two award categories for which they would like to be considered. If awarded, World of Children will select the most suitable category for the individual based on the application information.
- Only one individual from an organization can be nominated. If multiple individuals are nominated from the same organization, World of Children retains the right to select which Nomination Form/application to review, solely at its discretion.
- If the Nominee is selected as a finalist, they must be willing to submit to a full investigation. A third party investigation firm will screen and vet all finalists and their organizations in a formal review process which substantiates their work.
NUMBER OF AWARDS