Opening Date: 31th August, 2021
Closing Date: 15th October, 2021
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships
The Ibrahim Leadership fellowships were established in 2011 to identify and mentor the future generation of outstanding African leaders. Each year three fellows have an opportunity to work in the executive offices of the AfDB(Addis Ababa) or the ICT(Geneva), with a stipend of $100000.
During their 12-month programmes, Fellows gain both technical and leadership skills, while contributing directly to research and policy design. Aspecial feature of the programme is the opportunity to benefit from the direct mentorship of the heads of the host organizations.
Fellows also become members of the Now Generation Network(NGN), through which they continue to contribute their skills and insights to building a better Africa.
Fellowships are open to young professionals, mid-career and new executives from Africa with relevant work experience and a master’s degree.
- National of an African country
- Minimum 7 years’ of relevant work experience
- Master’s degree
- Under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children
- Any additional criteria as set by the host
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
The Ibrahim Leadership fellow will take leadership guidance from the president, the Senior Vice President, the chief of staff and Director of cabinet and/ or a desginated Representative. With this guidance, the fellow will contribute to the design and implementation of strategic assignments that will increase and enhance their proffessional and leadership capacity, with the intention of contributing to the governance and development of their countries. The fellow will also have the following responsibilities.
- Design, develop and help implement innovative approaches to various strategic issues of importance of tha Banks mission and objectives based on international best practice.
- Undertake research and analysis of existing and emerging strategy program and policy area relavant for the bank, as required.
- Assist with the Monitoring and analysis for the implementation of various bank groups innitiative as well as the regular work program, and prepare briefs, memos and other documentation that convey in non-technical terms the likely impact.
- Participate in high level discussion and contribute to the preparation of the presidents, meetings, missions and
- Carry out any other assigned duties by relevant senior staff in the presidents office.
The fellowship is for young proffessionals, mids career or and /new executives:
The fellow Must:
- Be national of African country residing anywhere in the world,
- Not be an active, non-active, retired, or separated staff members of a Bank,
- Not have close family relationship with an active or non active staff member such as Mother, Father, Sisters and Brothers,
- Government officials, active millitary passonel and political party leaders are not eligible,
- Age limit is 40 years for men and 45 years for women with children,
- Have understanding academic credentials backed by a minimum of of a Masters Degree from recognize institution in Banking, Business, Economics or other social sciences, Finance, International Developmentor any in other descipline relevant to the Bank’s bussiness.
- Have Relevant and demonstratable work experience, strong communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with others.
- Have at least7(seven) years work experience relevant to the bank activities.
- Demonstrate proven leadership and consultative skills.
- Have experience in strategic planning, project management and excution
African Development Bank (AfDB)
International Trade Centre (ITC)
United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA)
Apply here now