Alliance Life Assurance Limited
We are one of the leading insurance and financial services companies in East Africa, with our headquarter in Dar Es Salaam. Our origins can be traced back to 14 years ago. Our Company was formed in 2010 after the Insurance Law was changed requiring composite insurance companies to separate. Before 2010, we had operated under our parent Company, Alliance Insurance Corporation Limited, one of the leading insurance companies in Tanzania. Our customers are our inspiration and we seek to build lifelong relationships with them by offering relevant services that enhance their quality of life. We do so in a simple, friendly, efficient, and inclusive way, giving them what they want, when and where they want it. In so doing, we are able to serve and empower our customers, ensuring their peace of mind and financial freedom.
Job title: Technical Manager
Department: Operations Department
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The company is looking for an experienced Technical Manager (Life Assurance) to join the Team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (based in Dar es Salaam), the incumbent will be responsible for the following deliverables:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall in charge of the back-office operations of the company.
- Preparation of premium quotations, claims, and commission settlements within agreed limits as per the various SLAs in place.
- Underwriting assessment of New Business/renewals and claims in line with the various policy contracts conditions.
- Managing premium reconciliations with Brokers and Agents.
- Managing reinsurance Accounts/Coordinating with reinsurers for facultative covers.
- Identification of Process Gaps and rectifying them
- Preparing various analytical MIS reports for management.
- Responsible for the systems function of the company to ensure maximum security to the company and clients’ records.
- Continuous scanning of the external environment to ensure the continued relevance of the operations strategy of the company.
- Grooming and training members of the operations team.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Must be a graduate in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Insurance or Economics from a recognized University. In addition, an ACII/FCII or equivalent qualification is a must.
- At least 10 years continuous hands-on experience of running back-office operations in a Life Insurance Office at middle/senior management.
- Must be smart with excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- A flair in business development and strong customer care orientation.
- Possess basic computer skills, analytical ability, and good numerical skills.
- Good planning ability and high level of innovation.
- Well networked, confident, and of good disposition.
If you believe you are suitable for this career opportunity, please send your detailed CV and application letter justifying your suitability for the position