1. MEL Specialist
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to provide Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) services to USAID/Tanzania. The proposed MEL Support Platform activity objectives are to assist the mission with strategy- and activity-level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including conducting data gathering and verification, data visualization (including Geographic Information Systems), data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID’s implementing partners and DO teams.
The MEL Support Platform will also implement a capacity-building agenda for the mission, developing a baseline of M&E knowledge within the mission and tailoring a curriculum to provide skills development to mission staff.
To support the associated MEL services on this activity, SoCha seeks full-time, qualified Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) specialists.
Scope of Work
Illustrative Functions of the Position
The MEL Specialists will work with USAID/Tanzania’s program and technical offices to manage the specific monitoring, evaluation, and learning support activities as requested by the mission, including but not limited to:
Revising and development of the Mission Strategic Framework MEL plan and a fuller Performance Management Plan (PMP) Monitoring: Ability to conduct routine monitoring of USAID funded interventions in the field across Tanzania
Data Quality Assessment: Ability to conduct data quality assessments in accordance with USAID’s Automated Directive System (ADS) across Tanzania for all technical sectors (DRG, health, economic growth, and education).
Project and activity MEL plans Ability to support the development of robust MEL plans for the mission and across different activities.
Assessments and Evaluations: Ability to conduct quality evaluations in Tanzania and across technical sectors, including experience using statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, etc. Monitoring and Evaluation Capacity Building: Ability to provide sound Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning capacity of the Mission and its partners.
Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) events: Ability to support the Mission’s learning agenda, including facilitation, procuring event space, and logistics support.
Knowledge Management: Ability to manage and update the Mission’s knowledge and performance management systems, including indicator databases.
Data Visualization and Geographic Information Systems (GIS): Ability to create interactive, user-friendly visualizations and collect, analyze, and produce graphics using GIS data and tools.
We are actively seeking a Senior MEL Specialist with Experience in One or More of the Following Areas:
Performance Monitoring, including:
Developing performance monitoring plans
Designing and optimizing quantitative and qualitative indicators for international development projects
Designing or conducting performance or impact evaluations
Mixing qualitative and quantitative methods
Applying evaluation results to inform future programming
Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting
Coordinating with stakeholders
Hosting learning events for international development partners
Building institutional capacity and memory
Incentivizing learning and sharing
Facilitating learning events
In addition to the categories above, subject matter expertise in the following sectors is required:
Economic growth, and
Minimum qualifications and experience
An understanding of international development sectors (Education, Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance; Health; and Economic Growth) or cross-cutting themes (gender, OVC, youth, etc.)
English language proficiency.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
All openings will require a bachelor’s degree or higher
For Senior-level, an advanced degree and 10 years experience with directly related projects in one or more of the areas outlined above (performance monitoring, evaluation, data management, capacity building, and/or learning).
For mid-level, a university qualification in a related subject and between 3-7 years of directly related experience.
For Junior level, a university qualification with demonstrated experience coordinating research or evaluation tasks, providing management consulting services in the international development industry, or organizing formal training programs.
Prior experience working with USAID preferred (including on USAID-funded work) Experience with USAID’s program cycle, CLA (collaborating, learning, and adapting) approach or knowledge management preferred.
National citizens of Tanzania with the above skills are encouraged to apply
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with travel within the country
2. Chief of Party
Scope of Work.
The Chief of Party will:
- Lead client relations with USAID’s program office, technical offices, and front office;
- Set the strategic and tactical direction of the MEL project;
- Oversee the execution and delivery of technical MEL and CLA work under the contract;
- Assure the quality of the services provided under the contract;
- Ensure compliance with the terms of the contract, including the timely submission of quality deliverables including work plans, the MEL plan, evaluations and assessments, and financial reports;
- Coordinate with SoCha’s home office, and
- Overall responsibility for leading and coordinating all activities, all required reports, and staff management.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Ten (10) or more years of demonstrable experience leading multi-year monitoring and evaluation mechanisms or contracts;
- Substantive expertise in monitoring and evaluating multi-sectoral international development projects;
- Experience in East Africa is required and experience in Tanzania is highly desired;
- Prior experience working with USAID preferred;
- English language proficiency required, Swahili language proficiency beneficial, and
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with travel within the country.
Applications close 17 September 2021 and promising candidates may be selected before this
3. Finance and Administration Manager (Tanzania, Malawi, Senegar, Thailand,Burkina Faso and Niger)
Scope of Work:
The Finance and Administration Manager position will report directly to the Chief of Party and interface with SoCha’s home office. Local and International hires are encouraged to apply.
Illustrative Functions of the Position
- Oversee project finance, procurement, and administration;
- Maintain reliable and accurate accounting records for the project;
- Produce monthly field reports for SoCha’s home office;
- Develop financial reports for USAID, including quarterly accrual reports;
- Review and verify the accuracy of monthly invoices;
- Develop annual revenue projections;
- Analyze budgeted-to-actual expenditures and “burn rate”;
- Oversee a team of approximately three staff that work on finance and administration, operations and human resources, and logistics and office administration;
- Oversee monthly payroll and preparation of social charges and tax remittances for staff;
- Retain and maintain financial records;
- Ensure compliance with US Government, USAID, and SoCha policies and procedures for finance, procurement, and human resources;
- Ensure compliance with labor laws;
- Provide senior-level oversight of field team operations, ensuring safety standards are met;
- Work with Operations Team to arrange transport, IT, and communication services as needed for task order assignments;
- Troubleshoot operational challenges as they arise relating to MEL and verification activities expected in the delivery of this contract; and
- Build capacity of partner institutions to meet US Government standards of finance, administration, and operational capacity.
Minimum requirement and work experience
- Bachelor’s degree (finance, accounting, business, or a related degree);
- 5+ years experience managing finances for donor-funded projects;
- Experience overseeing project budgets;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Word;
- Experience with QuickBooks software;
- Knowledge of payroll and benefits;
- Experience overseeing the finance and accounting of USAID-funded activities preferred; and
- English language proficiency. Local languages are beneficial.
Various -Tanzania, Malawi, Senegal, Thailand, Burkina Faso, and Niger
4. Cost and Pricing Consultant -Remote-Work
The Cost and Pricing consultant will be responsible for supporting the SoCha Business Development team in the preparation and reviewing of cost proposals in response to solicitation requirements.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Prepare cost proposals in response to solicitation requirements.
- Work closely with the business development team to align cost with technical proposal.
- Collaborate with SoCha Project Coordinators to get accurate in-country cost and market information.
- Collaborate with subcontractors and ensure that subcontractor budgets and narratives are compliant with solicitation requirements.
- Knowledge and integration of US Government regulations in the cost proposal.
- Provide pricing strategy to the business development team during the proposal phase.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A Degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent field of studies is required.
- Minimum of two years of demonstrable experience in cost proposal preparation for USAID solicitations.
- Minimum of two years’ demonstrable experience in budget management for USAID-funded activities.
- Excellent Excel skills for preparation of budgets.
- Good Knowledge of USG procurement regulations.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
Note: Remember to attach your Cv
Deadline: 30th September 2021