YOUNG WOMEN LEADERSHIP ON CLIMATE ADAPTATION
The online Executive Training- Young Women Leadership on Climate Adaptation is a Virtual educational and capacity-building program that fosters the leadership of African Young Women to induce and realize sustainable solutions that build resilience to the changing climate by fostering knowledge on climate adaptation, elevating leadership skills and connecting professional networks.
Hosted fully virtually on an exclusive online learning platform the part-time training program will spreadover20-weeks between october2021to march 2022.
The Participants will experience a blended learning approach combining group live sessions on zoom and self-learning tools such as Videos, audio recordings, text resources, links, quizzes, and assignments.
- Are you a woman between the age of 20-35?
- Do you have bachelor’s degrees and/ or higher?
- Are you a National of the Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, or Zimbabwe?
- Are Passionate about climate action and have basic knowledge of climate change?
- Are involved in the climate adaptation Project or aware of a challenge in your community?
- Do you have personal or professional leadership experience?
- Core knowledge about gender sensitive-climate adaptation
- Leadership Capacity- Building
- Project management coaching
- Networking and career guidance
- To understand the global and local effects of climate change, Know what climate adaptation is and how it is implemented in gender-sensitive ways.
- To develop an advanced skill set for confident and effective leadership
- To gain the knowledge and confidence to confidence to effectively communicate about and advocate for climate adaptations.
- To know how to plan and propose gender-sensitive adaptation projects.
- To build confidence to pursue a career in climate adaptation
- You need to have a strong and reliable internet connection and a proficient level of English.
- Attend the Webinar sessions regularly (90-12 minutes), 1-2times a week(weekdays; afternoon), and be able to commit the equivalent of 2 days a month for the course duration.
- Complete assignment on time and show active participation in the live session and peer-to-peer reviews tasks
- Newly or Further develop a project that integrates climate adaptation and its gender-related implications
Opening Date:6th September, 2021
Closing Date: 26th September, 2021