University of Pretoria MasterCard Scholarships 2022 application is open. If you’re a postgraduate student seeking funds to finance your studies, this is an opportunity for you.
The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP.
This is a fully-funded scholarship that covers benefits such as, Tuition, Accommodation in a UP residence, Books and printed material, travel costs, and more. As you read further, you’ll learn the full details about this scholarship- who is eligible for the scholarship, scholarship worth, how to apply, and the application deadline.
About University of Pretoria MasterCard Scholarships
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities
The University of Pretoria MasterCard Scholarships will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
Who Is Eligible For University of Pretoria MasterCard Scholarships?
To qualify for the University of Pretoria MasterCard Scholarships, you must meet the following criteria:
Eligibility countries: Citizens from Sub-Saharan African country
Gender: Men and Women
Level of Study: Postgraduate
Country of study: South Africa
Duration of study: Period of degree
University of Pretoria MasterCard Scholarships Requirements
- Candidates should be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Candidates need to be first time applicants as first year students
How to Apply for University of Pretoria MasterCard Scholarships
Students who are interested in studies at the University of Pretoria and wish to apply for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program must follow the application processes on the Scholarship webpage.
- Application for admission at the University of Pretoria is fully online at www.up.ac.za/apply
- Click the following link for Application Instructions
Deadline: 24th September 2021