The Dangote Group
The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates.
The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Upcoming projects include a $12 billion investment in an Oil Refinery, Fertilizer Plant and Petrochemical Complex.
1:Job title: Finance Controller- Cement Industry:
- Oversee Dangote Cement Ltd Tanzania (DCTL) budgeting and reporting; financial analysis and forecasting; cost and revenue management; and fixed asset accounting.
- Ensure accuracy of financial records and compliance with best practice financial management principles and regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the implementation of approved finance policies at the plant.
- Drive the implementation of the department’s operational strategy, work plans, programs, systems, controls, policies, and procedures to ensure a rigorous financial framework in alignment with DCLT overall objectives.
- Ensure ongoing review, update, and documentation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial forecasts, and ratio analysis.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support, and strategic direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
- Regularly update DCLT accounting policies and procedures manual and ensure compliance with Group policies and procedures.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective utilization of DCLT financial resources to achieve cost-efficiency
- Implement adequate internal financial control systems and frameworks to ensure appropriate integration of business reporting requirements, the integrity of the information contained in, and the compliance of DCLT financial statements with relevant reporting regulations.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivables are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports, ensuring compliance with DCLT accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Issue timely and complete financial statements Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report and statutory accounts
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of periodic and ad hoc costing reports
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Proactively identify risks and define and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
- Perform any other duties as may be the Country CFO
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or any other related discipline.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA-T) or possess an equivalent certification recognized by NBAA, ACCA.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience with at least three (3) years in a senior managerial position.
- A minimum of 4 years of factory and manufacturing experience is mandatory.
- A master’s degree is an added advantage
- Ability to use SAP is an important advantage
- The role is based at Mtwara and may require some travels
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislation relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including the understanding of finance best practices and IFRS – international accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Proven experience in strategic financial planning and analysis.
- Very sound business acumen – financial and commercial knowledge.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development