- Country: Germany
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Opening date: 30th September 2021
- Deadline: December 1, 2021
Since it was founded in 1925, more than 1.9 million scholars in Germany and abroad have received DAAD funding. The DAAD is a registered members association made up of German institutions of higher education and student bodies. Our activities go far beyond simply awarding grants and scholarships. The DAAD supports the internationalization of German universities, promotes German studies and the German language abroad, provide developing countries with best practices in establishing universities and advises decision-makers in the area of cultural, educational, and developmental policy.
Scholarships for the best:
The DAAD provides young people with the opportunity to gain international academic and research experience in Germany as well as worldwide. Most foreign DAAD scholarship recipients are Master’s students or doctoral candidates. Only very few scholarships are awarded at Bachelor’s level (to top students at German schools abroad).
The reason for this funding priority is that graduate students will have already proven their academic ability by completing their first degree, hence are more likely to benefit from a scholarship.
Applications are open for the DAAD summer exchange program in Germany for the academic year 2022 for international students from developing countries.
It is a fantastic opportunity for international students who graduated or enrolled in master programs; there is no restriction on academic background. Students from all disciplines can apply for a fully-funded DAAD exchange program. The aim of this program is to help students and graduates improve their knowledge of the German language (general language, special language) and their cultural knowledge of the country.
Applicants must have completed at least 2 years of university to be eligible for this program. The duration of the exchange course is 18 study days (25 hours/week). The program will be held between June to November. DAAD summer exchange program is a fully-funded opportunity for all applicants; the program will cover the course fees, accommodation expenses, and travel allowance, not to forget health and accident insurance benefits. Applicants who have an academic background in language and culture studies are encouraged to apply.
Here are the criteria for the DAAD summer exchange program:
- Applications are open to graduate students and students enrolled in master’s degree programs in any subject area.
- Applicants must be minimum of 18 years or older to apply for the program.
- Bachelor students must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period.
- Applicants must be enrolled in university.
- Proof of German Skills is required.
- They should be able to follow lectures in the German language and collaborate with them.
DAAD summer exchange program will provide the following benefits:
- One-off scholarship payment of 1,061 euros; scholarship holders from “Least Developed Countries” receive a scholarship of 1,236 euros.
- It includes accommodation and course fees too.
- A travel allowance will be provided.
- Health and accident insurance cover.
- Performance record
- Letter of motivation
- Language proficiency certificate
- Complete CV in tabular form in German
- Copy of degree certificate or certificate of the first year of higher education
- Other documents if available (certificate of employment, proof of internship).