- Country: USA
- Open to: All Countries
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Opening date: 28th September 2021
- Deadline: January 31, 2022
Human Rights Essay Award is an incredible opportunity for law students around the world. This competition is sponsored by the Academy of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law. Law students worldwide are encouraged to participate in this competition and share their thoughts on the most critical challenges faced by the world these days, climate change and human rights: impact responsibilities and opportunities.
The Academy of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law has been keen to promote a realistic approach to this sector and create linkages between different human rights educators, experts, and organizations. Those who are interested can also take advantage of the Academy’s powerful training. Furthermore, it aims to expand the dominance of human rights and related laws around the world.
The global human rights essay competition trains participants to turn their ideas and opinions into well-researched, cogent, and useful content. A focused, coherent, articulated, and understandable essay with no grammatical errors is required for the winning essay. Every year, this worldwide competition aims to recruit students with a background in international human rights law and requires them to write on a specific topic while adhering to international essay writing guidelines. As a result, the top writers are thrust into the spotlight of the international organization.
The Human rights essay award aims to provide potential individuals an opportunity to analyze the problems in this sector and then develop its solutions. The participants will also get a chance to improve their writing skills through this competition. Moreover, the organization benefits from this competition by having perspectives about the problem and its solutions from different areas of the world, helping them develop a profound strategy for the world based on these essays.
The topic for Human Rights Essay 2022: Climate Change and Human Rights: Impacts, Responsibilities, and Opportunities
Here are the criteria for Human Rights Essay Award:
- Applicants having a law degree are eligible.
- Applicants from all continents and all countries can apply for the human rights essay award.
- Previous Human Rights Essay award winners are not eligible.
Here are some benefits of the Human Rights Essay Award 2022:
- First, it offers a full scholarship for advanced studies in Human Rights and Humanitarian Law program for either a degree or certification in the USA.
- A round trip traveling expense to Washington D.C will be provided.
- It will also provide accommodation at the Washington College of Law dormitory or hostel.
- For daily expenses, some stipend will also be given.
- The best articles will be published in the American University International Law Review journal.
- Authors are not allowed to mention any personal information in their essays, even their names.
- Format for essays should be a word only with Times New Roman font and font size 12, double-spaced for the body of the essay.
- Only single-spaced footnotes are allowed to be used for citations.
- The essay should be 35 pages maximum.
- For page layout, a one-inch margin should be left from all sides.
- Proper formatting should be followed otherwise, five points will be deduced.
- Only one essay is allowed by each applicant.
- Applicants should be careful about errors and plagiarism in the essay.
- Submission of the essay will be online, the link for which is given below.
- Submit a copy of your essay with the online application form. Make sure to fill in all the information correctly.
- Along with the essay, applicants are also required to submit these documents.
- Academic transcript/certificates
- Passport details.
- CV of a maximum of three pages.
- After submission, you will receive a confirmation email within the next 48 hours.
- The result will be published on the official website on 1st April 2022.