- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: January 21, 2022
- Open to: All countries
The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is the premier global competition for students who own and operate a business while attending college or university. Nominees compete against their peers from around the world in a series of local and national competitions in the hope of qualifying for the Global Finals.
The Global Student Entrepreneur Award is open for young and talented students worldwide, running a potential startup for socio-economic development. College or university students are encouraged to apply if they have had a startup for the last 6 or more months. At the first level, applicants have to clear a local GSEA competition in their country to be selected for the final GSEA.
It was founded in 1998 by Saint Louis University and is now an internationally recognized Entrepreneurs’ organization program. GSEA is happy to support student entrepreneurs in more than 50 different countries. Successful contestants will have the opportunity to network with peers from all over the world at the Global Finals, hosted annually to honor their entrepreneurial spirit and achievements. It will select the potential startups, to those if a bit of investment, professional guidance and proper marketing is provided, they will grow very well. The main aim of GSEA is to direct the youth towards entrepreneurship. And in this, GSEA will support the potential startups not only benefitting the economy but also positively impacting society.
Here are the criteria for the Global Student Entrepreneur awards:
- Applicants must be under the age of 30 years.
- Any of the previous top 7 GSEA participants are not eligible to apply.
- When submitting an application, the startup must have earned $500 or have an investment of $1,000.
- Only startups running for six or more six months are eligible for GSEA.
- Only the owners or shareholders of the organization are eligible to represent t the organization.
- Applicant must be enrolled in any full or part-time graduate or undergraduate degree program.
Here are some benefits of the Global Student Entrepreneur Award:
- The first prize will be $25,000 cash and other benefits like traveling and accommodation expenses worth $40,000.
- The second prize will be $10,000
- And the third prize will be $5,000.
- The first step is to participate in the local-global student entrepreneur award in your country to identify potential entrepreneurs for the finals.
- The winners from the local competition will be selected for the final Global Student Entrepreneur Award.
- The link to apply for GSEA in your country is given below.