- Open to: All Tanzanians
- Job type: Full time
- Location: Dar es salaam
- Deadline:1st November 2021
Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a local Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide.
MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST) is part of Marie Stopes International, a global partnership of sexual and reproductive healthcare organizations established in 1989.
We are Tanzania’s largest specialists in contraception, post-abortion care and sexual reproductive health services. We work to improve access to contraception for people across Tanzania, especially those who are living in rural remote areas, adolescents and young people and those who are marginalized. We also provide maternity and general health services and have a call center available to refer you for services and answer your sexual and reproductive health questions.
Head of Advocacy and External Communication: 1 Position- Dar es Salaam
Reporting to the Country Director, the purpose of this role is to provide strategic support to the implementation of Marie Stopes Tanzania’s (MST) 2030 Strategy by leading the advocacy, external relations, and partnerships portfolio of MST in collaboration with relevant partners for the highest attainable impact of MST work in Tanzania. The Head of Advocacy and External Communication is also responsible to ensure that communication to external and internal stakeholders of MST is of the highest quality. The role is a leading role in the organization and with matrix responsibilities to the executive team whilst role modeling participation, inclusion and transparency and inspiring employees to assume responsibility and accountability.
Among the Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive advocacy strategy for MST that will articulate key issues, plans and time-bound expected outcomes.
- Contribute to national dialogue on maternal morbidity and mortality reduction strategies and advocate for change in policies and practice in line with program goals. Support and work effectively in coalitions, networks, and social movements to achieve broader impact.
Corporate Communication & Representation:
- Proactively analyses the actors who have the potential to contribute to the achievement of the MST program goals within the broader context including government, private sector, donors and foundations, international and local civil society, academic institutions. Establish and actively sustain productive relationships with relevant actors (inside and outside the country).
- Strengthen MST’s relationship with high-level government officials and govt. departments.
- Promote MST to position the organization as a leader in Sexual and Reproductive Health issues and a service provider of choice.
- Work closely with Country Director and Executive Team Members and provide strategic and operations support in developing, monitoring, and implementing annual business plan and long-term strategic plan.
- Actively updates MST of the changing environment for operation, risks, and design mitigating measures to improve MST’s resilience to better its mission.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Country Director
- 8-10 years experience in leading partnerships/advocacy/External communications portfolio, preferably in social development, health management/reproductive health or social business.
- Good understanding of Sexual and Reproductive Health situations especially Family Planning and CPAC.
- Experience in commissioning and working with external agencies for research, advocacy and communication including designing, developing terms of reference, selecting external agencies, overseeing implementation, analysis, report writing and development of communication materials.
- Experience in managing digital and social media campaigns.
- Master’s Degree –Social Sciences / Public Health/Public Relations and Media.
- Excellent computer skills including in graphic design packages.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Team player and willing to travel 35-40% of work time.
Mode of Application:
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
Plot 421 & 422 Mwenge | Kijitonyama area
P.O. Box 7072, Dar es Salaam | Tanzania.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991-4, +255 22 2702030-2
E-mail: [email protected]