- Country: India
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Open to: All countries
- Deadline: 1st November 2021
kanthari in Trivandrum, Kerala, South of India, offers a 12-month leadership program for visionaries who have overcome adversity and who are keen to drive ethical social change. kanthari will equip participants with tools that are required to start and run an NGO, organization, or social venture: project planning, accounting, fundraising, developing policies, Curriculum development, venture profile, public speaking, branding, etc.
All hands-on practical workshops are conducted by a group of international experts we call catalysts.
kanthari fosters participants from all over the world. Some have university degrees while others have little to no formal education. Some are blind or physically disabled, others have no disabilities at all. What is important is a sense of ownership, motivation, creativity, talent and passion to create a positive social impact in their communities and have the strength to be forces of good rather than victims of circumstance.
kanthari is the Authorized training center of the Vocational training program of Bharath Sewak Samaj (BSS), a national development agency, promoted by Govt. of India. kanthari is the flagship program of Braille Without Borders Charitable Trust.
BWB Charitable Trust was registered in Trivandrum, Kerala on 25-01-2005 and carries the registration number 45/05/05
Kanthari leadership training program is accepting applications for 2022. Kanthari leadership program is a fully-funded mentorship and training opportunity for the people who have concluded that they need to begin an association/NGO that has an effect. Previous education is not required; candidates have to show their commitment to creating positive social change in their communities.
Kanthari invites candidates over 22 years old who have overcome critical life challenges going from vision debilitation, war, separation, and double-dealing. They ought to have the solidarity to be powers of acceptable instead of being casualties of a situation. Selected candidates will get a chance to get free training in India. The duration of the leadership program is 12 months; candidates will spend seven months on campus and for the rest of the period at their countries to get mentorship support.
Here are the criteria for the Kanthari leadership training program:
- Candidates must be interested in a venture/NGO that will bring change and positively affect locally.
- Candidates must be at least 22 years old (Please note: there could be no upper age limit)
- Intermediary information on English (perusing, composing and talking) is required.
- Candidates must have good knowledge and practical skills to work using a computer, laptop.
- Must adaptable, innovative, naturally determined, bring an undeniable degree of inspiration, energy, and proprietorship.
- Special (blind) people are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates must be motivated and creative thinkers to give their ideas a reality.
Kanthari leadership training program will cover the following:
- Return flight tickets, train, or transport pass to TRV air terminal, TRV rail line, or TRV bus stop.
- Transportation inside India (project/course-related).
- Accommodation, including shared convenience and suppers.
- Exposure visits to associations who accomplish comparative work to assemble topic aptitude and best practice.
- Follow the link below to apply for the Kanthari Leadership training program.
- Register yourself and start your application.