- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: November 1, 2021
The BioInnovation Institute Foundation (BII), an international nonprofit foundation backed up by the Novo Nordisk Foundation, is working on bringing forward the scientific minds with life-changing ideas to shape a new future. As a result, BII and Science have presented a new annual reward. In addition, they have generated a new platform; The BII Science Prize Innovation is initiated to encourage and recognize the work of this generation of scientists. This will help promote innovation and creativity in the world of Science, leading to mind-boggling theories and science laws.
Here are the criteria for BII Science Prize for innovation:
- Candidates must have completed a Ph.D. degree in the last ten years.
- Candidates may hold D., Ph.D., D.V.M., Pharm.D., or a combination of these degrees at the time of entry.
- Based on the candidate’s work for a given period of three years, a candidate will be awarded a prize annually.
- They must have skills such as courage and steadfastness to work on their project and to face obstacles and questions interrupting their research.
- The 10,000-word essay must be unique, and the research itself should be outstanding to receive the prize.
- Nationals of all countries are all allowed to participate.
- The Grand Prize winner of the BII Science prize for innovation will be awarded $25,000.
- The Institute will cover the expenses of traveling to the award ceremony.
- The written essay of the winner will be published in Science online and the winning candidate will get a 5-year digital subscription with Science.
- Two runners-up will also be awarded USD 10,000 and their traveling cost to and from the award ceremony will be financed depending upon the situation.
- Runners-up will get a 5-year subscription along with their essays being published online.
- The winner and runners-up will get a chance to team up with a business development team.
- If candidates are eligible, they will receive assistance for the submission of a proposal to BII.
- The entry form must be complete.
- Candidates must submit a 10,000 words essay that demonstrates their research.
- The research work must have been done in the past 3 years.
- Must submit a one-page letter of recommendation entrant’s postdoctoral adviser, supervisor, or other senior colleagues familiar with their work.
- Candidates must attach a CV with proper citations of the research work and mention the previously received academic awards and honors.
- Copies of two of the entrant’s papers that are most relevant to the essay.