- Country: USA
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Brunei, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Timor Leste, Cambodia, and Vietnam
- Deadline: November 15, 2021
In today’s world, Gen Z is thriving hard to make a difference and stand out in a crowd. Therefore, it is a must to learn new things every day and expose oneself to the outer world to live successfully and play a part in the betterment of the world. Therefore, the international Exchange Program has developed a platform to provide the thriving ones with opportunities to excel.
YSEALI International Exchange Program offers a wide variety of opportunities and events to international candidates willing to show their skills and qualities in different aspects of life and education. This platform makes it possible for candidates to gain experience by working in both the private and public sectors under U.S. organizations, exposing them to real-world challenges and building them up in a professional manner.
The Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Professional Fellows Program (YSEALI PFP 2022) has carved a path for the young ones working towards a professional career to build a healthy and working relationship between South Asia and the United States. This enables the youngsters to learn new skills, put forward their ideas, work and collaborate with different groups and adapt to professionalism.
This leadership program is financed by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. This year (2022) youth leadership program is conducted under four different and unique categories: Civic Engagement, Governance and Society, Economic Empowerment, and Sustainable Development and the Environment. These four major themes have been further divided into smaller categories to allow smooth management and provide a broader stage for the young generation.
YSEALI International exchange program is a fully-funded program covering all travelling and accommodation costs along with providing aid for the J-1 visa. Secondly, it provides health benefits as well during the entire tenure of the fellowship. Thirdly, it provides with an opportunity to adapt to the American culture by arranging a temporary stay with an actual American family. This will enable the candidate to learn new things and make bonds that may last a lifetime.
The exchange program in the USA is the initiative of the American Councils for International Education in the USA, so make sure to apply for this opportunity before the deadline.
Here are the criteria for YSEALI international exchange program in the USA:
- Applicants must be citizens and residents of one of the eleven YSEALI States: Brunei, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Timor Leste, Cambodia, and Vietnam.
- Applicants must have some expertise in the field they are applying.
- They must have a two-year professional experiences when applying.
- Applicants must be 25 to 35 years old (born on or after the 1st of March 1986 and born before March 1st, 1997).
- They should be fluent in reading and speaking English.
- USA residents and citizens cannot apply.
YSEALI International Exchange Program will provide the following benefits:
- Health benefits.
- International living cost.
- Assistance for J-1 visa from the American Council.
- The program will also cover the visa and travel cost of successful candidates.
- The exchange program will be an excellent opportunity to exchange different cultures among candidates from different countries.
- Academic history/transcripts
- Work experience
- A resume/CV (in English)
- Two Reference Letters
- Three Essay Questions
- The application process for YSEALI international exchange program is online.
- Recheck your application before submitting as the application can be submitted only once.
- You will receive a confirmation email once you have submitted your application.
- The application must be submitted before the deadline, 15 November, 2021.