- Country: USA
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Pakistan
- Deadline: November 10, 2021
Applications are open for Fulbright Scholar Program in USA 2022. The Fulbright scholarship provides funds for lectureship, post-doctoral research or a combination of two. The Fulbright Program funds can be availed for up to 12 months of duration. Fulbright program is a cultural exchange program; the person selected is expected to act as a cultural ambassador of his own country in the USA. Upon return to their own country, scholars are expected to contribute to the development of their country and share the experience they got from the USA with the youth of their country.
Approximately 15 scholars will be selected for this year’s round of applications. Out of these slots, 13 slots are for faculty and researchers at the early stage of their research career (2-7 years from completing their PhD or terminal degree). In addition, 3 slots are for senior scholars (8-15 years of completing their PhD or terminal degree.
The Fulbright Scholar program in USA is funded by the United States Department of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Around 8,000 students from all over the world are granted scholarships under the Fulbright program. The program will commence in the fall of next year.
After the destructive end of the Second World War, the Fulbright program was established by the USA to promote peace and harmony between all the countries of the world through educational exchange. The Fulbright scholarship then grew to become the most extensive educational exchange program in the world.
It is a good opportunity for all professionals and eligible scholars to achieve their goals and also visit the United States without worrying about expenses.
Here are the criteria for a Fulbright Scholar Program:
- Scholars and even professionals from all disciplines can apply (except for medicine).
- Must hold a PhD or terminal degree in their field.
- Scholars must be proficient in English; they must have a good command of spoken and written English.
- Must have a clear proposal of what he wants to achieve in the USA and how it will help them back in their country.
- People who have completed their PhD within the last two years and have been to the US for research or other long-term educational opportunities within the last five years cannot apply for the Fulbright scholar program 2022.
- Scholars who have dual nationality with one being of the US or those persons whose immediate relative is a US national cannot apply.
- Employees or dependents of USEFP or the US department of state are ineligible.
Fulbright Scholar Program provides the following benefits:
- Return airfare
- An incidental research allowance
- A living stipend
- Health insurance
- Fund one accompanying dependent
- Assists in the visa process.
- Well formulated proposal for what an applicant wants to achieve in the US
- At least two invitation letters from universities
- Reference letters
- Academic transcripts
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does Fulbright Scholars Program require an English proficiency test?
No, this program does not require English proficiency.
What must be added to an application?
It must contain a well-written proposal about what scholars would like to accomplish in the United States and how their work will relate to Pakistan. Simply said, the proposal is an essential document for this application.
Do applicants need invitation letters from universities in the USA?
Scholars need to have at least 2 invitation letters; they can e submitted at the time of application or after they are shortlisted.
How can I increase my Chances?
The application should be more about the applicant, how they will spend the grant time and what outcomes are to be expected.
Who should issue my reference letter/ Whom should I contact?
For someone known and reputable in the field, it is good to get a recommendation from someone who knows about your work and character. You can also contact a professional who knows you well.
To apply for Fulbright Scholar Program, click on the apply now button below or visit the official website and start the application form.