- Country: Saudi Arabia
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Open to: All countries
- Deadline: November 30, 2021
KAUST Global Fellowship Program is an opportunity for those who want to conduct research and establish their career by making a difference in the Middle East Countries by supporting their work. KAUST offers opportunities for candidates with meaningful life experiences amidst the global pandemic. The objective of KAUST is to cause advancement in science and technology via collaboration in research and academics. Furthermore, to achieve its goal, they offer scholarships to highly qualified candidates with zeal and enthusiasm to come forward and avail of this tremendous opportunity.
The KAUST global fellowship revolves around 5 fundamental principles: water, energy, environment, food and health, and the digital domain. The international fellowship program is a merit-based program revolving around these 5 principles. The GFP (KAUST Global Fellowship Program) is divided into two strands. The first one is: generic and topic-relevant, and the second one is research-focused based on time relevancy. These two strands reside under the five principles mentioned above. For the academic tenure of 2022, KAUST has picked ”Hydrogen’’ as the topic, given the extreme water shortages and water scarcity around the globe. The second strand mainly revolves around critical research areas strategically crucial to the KAUST.
The duration of the program is dependent on the nature of the research. KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology) is a private research university in Saudi Arabia. It is ranked #2021 in World Universities and has 4.3 stars overall. KAUST also offers scholarships for all eligible admitted students in the form of tuition fee support. In addition, scholarships are offered for undergraduate and master’s degree program international students.
Here are the criteria for the KAIST Global Fellowship 2022:
- This program is offered to post-doctoral candidates or researchers to commence a three-year research project.
- The applicant must have a 4-year of experience or have been awarded a PhD Degree within 4 years.
- The research project must be related to the five fundamental pillars of KAUST.
- The applicant must meet the requirements of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to be able to get the facility of residence.
KAUST global fellowship will provide the following benefits:
- A monthly stipend of $6,250.
- Free access to laboratories will be granted.
- A budget of around $45,000 for the research project.
- Free accommodation for candidates.
- Candidates will be given a working facility at KAUST.
- Access to mentorship and leadership programs.
- Free medical insurance.
- Candidates will be given relocation and travel costs.
- KAUST Host Confirmation Letter
- Three Research Proposals
- Two Best Publications
- Reference Letter
- Visit the link provided below to apply for KAUST global fellowship program.
- Candidates must register themselves through a valid email address and provide all required documents and correct information.
- Candidates must provide details of their current or recent job.
- They must provide details of two referees, including the name, position, organization, email address, and name of one KAUST faculty member and the other preferences.
- Candidates will receive a confirmation email.
- After selection, you will be informed by KAUST Faculty.