- Country: New Zealand
- Financial coverage: Partially Funded
- Open to: Different countries
- Deadline: Ongoing
Dreaming to study abroad? Well here’s a chance for you to make your dream a reality, the University of Waikato is offering an International Excellence Scholarship for international students to study undergraduate and postgraduate (course taught, research) programs. The University of Waikato established the International excellence scholarship in 2015, aiming to promote education and promote young talents who are applying for the undergraduate program for the first time. International Excellence Scholarship of up to NZD$ 10,000 will be awarded to students with excellent academic achievements and to students who possess the potential to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
The scholarship is applicable to the tuition fee only, the applicant has to apply for the student visa and pay for their first-year fee, the funding will be transferred to the tuition fee once the enrollment process is completed. The scholarship is valid for 12 months from the date outlined in the offer of a place, and the scholarship is non-refundable to the students. Before applying for the scholarship, go through all the details such as requirements, eligibility criteria, and, most important terms and conditions of the University of Waikato and the scholarship too. So what are you waiting for? Scroll down and apply today to study in a world-class environment.
Eligible Regions: Pakistan, USA, Canada, Brazil, Columbia, Mexico, Chile, Ecuador, Germany, UK, France, Norway, China, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal, Maldives, Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Iran, Jordan, Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mauritius.
Here are the criteria for the International Excellence scholarship:
- The applicant must be a citizen of one of the countries mentioned above and not belong to New Zealand.
- Applicants must be residing overseas at the time of applying for a scholarship.
- Must not be enrolled in any program or diploma at the University of Waikato.
- The applicant should be applying to enroll for an undergraduate or postgraduate program for the first time at the University of Waikato.
- The study tenure should be a full-time degree program of a minimum of 12 months, at least.
- The applicant shouldn’t have paid the fee at the time of application.
- The applicant must meet the English language requirement of the University of Waikato.
- Applicants must reside in New Zealand after successfully getting the scholarship, and the scholarship holder cannot take more than 50% of the courses online.
- The scholarship is not applicable to exchange program students.
- The applicant must not be coming through a sponsoring body.
- The applicant must have a minimum GPA that’s equivalent to B+.
- English proficiency is required in the form of IELTS or TOEFL score.
Here are the benefits of the International Excellence Scholarship in New Zealand 2022:
- A scholarship up to NZD$ 10,000 will be awarded to students’ tuition fees directly.
- Study at one of the best educational institutes in New Zealand.
- The scholarship can be terminated at any time due to the following reasons:
- If a student doesn’t concur with study visa conditions.
- Become a domestic student during the period of the scholarship.
- Disobeying the regulations governing the scholarship.
- Disciplinary action against the student.
- After submission of applications, the decision of acceptance will be made within 8-12 weeks, and the applicant will be notified later on.
- The applicants cannot apply for the scholarship if they have been granted scholarships from any other university or educational organization.
- Applicants must have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place by the University of Waikato.
- A personal statement explaining your career goals, and how international educational experience can help you an applicant achieve the goals. The applicant must add the qualities and skills he/she possess that make him/her an ideal candidate and worthy of the scholarship.