- Open to: All Tanzanians
- Date released: 10 th May 2022
- Location: Tanzania
The Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) was established by the Ports Act No. 17 of 2004 as a landlord port authority. It operates a system of ports serving the Tanzania hinterland and the landlocked countries of Malawi, Zambia, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Burundi, Rwanda and Uganda.
TPA currently performs the role of both a Landlord and Operator with the main functions of promoting the use, development and management of ports and their hinterlands, entering into contracts for the purpose of delegating the powers of the Authority (through licensing and concessioning ports services).
TPA administers a diverse system of Tanzania’s Mainland sea and inland waterways (Lake Ports). The major sea ports are Dar es Salaam, Tanga and Mtwara while smaller sea ports are Kilwa, Lindi, Mafia, Pangani and Bagamoyo. The lake ports under TPA mandate are: on Lake Victoria include Mwanza North and South Ports, Nansio, Kemondo Bay, Bukoba and Musoma: on Lake Tanganyika, are Kigoma and Kasanga: and on Lake Nyasa are Itungi Port, Kiwira, Manda Liuli and Mbamba Bay.
- To establish and coordinate a system of Harbours.
- To provide facilities relating to Harbours and provide harbour services.
- With the approval of the Minister, to construct and operate new Harbours.
- To construct, operate and maintain beacons and other navigational aids.
- To carry on the business of stevedore, wharf age or lighterman.
- To act as a warehouseman to store goods, whether or not the goods have been or are to be, handled as cargo or carried by the Authority.
- To consign goods on behalf of the other persons to any place either within or outside the United Republic.
- With the approval of the Minister, to act as carriers of goods or passengers by land or sea.
- To provide amenities or facilities that the Authority considers necessary or desirable for persons making use of the facilities or services.
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) is a government organ with the status of an independent Department established specifically to facilitate the recruitment process of employees to the Public Service.